Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Denham Springs in Livingston Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Denham Springs

 
 
Denham Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
April 16, 2005
1. Denham Springs Marker
Inscription. Mineral spring area near here owned by William Denham 1829-1855. Hotel near the springs built prior to the Civil War. Hillís Springs post office renamed Denham Springs in 1898. The village was incorporated in 1903.
 
Erected 1975 by Livingston Parish Police Jury.
 
Location. 30° 28.794′ N, 90° 57.706′ W. Marker is in Denham Springs, Louisiana, in Livingston Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Mayor Herbert Hoover Avenue and Government Drive, on the right when traveling south on Mayor Herbert Hoover Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 941 Government Dr, Denham Springs LA 70726, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Parish of St. Alphonsus Liguori (approx. 4.6 miles away); Hebron Baptist Church (approx. 5.2 miles away); Original Site/Donors of Land (approx. 5.8 miles away); Walker, Louisiana (approx. 5.9 miles away); Indians Along Amite River (approx. 6.4 miles away); Greenwell Springs (approx. 6.9 miles away); Bayou Manchac (approx. 9.6 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 9.9 miles away).
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Denham Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
April 16, 2005
2. Denham Springs Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2015. This page has been viewed 183 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 28, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement