Lyndon in Cattaraugus County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The North Lyndon school was
built ca. 1844 and remained
in use until 1947. The
school still retains many
of its original features.
Erected 2013 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Location. 42° 18.635′ N, 78° 21.243′ W. Marker is in Lyndon, New York, in Cattaraugus County. Marker is on North Center Road 0.1 miles north of Palmer Road, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklinville NY 14737, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hanging Bog (approx. 5.3 miles away); Franklinville Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.6 miles away); Cadiz (approx. 5.8 miles away); Cadiz Cemetery (approx. 5.8 miles away); 1627 Seneca Oil Spring 1927 (approx. 6 miles away); Peter T. Tenbroeck (approx. 6.2 miles away); Seneca Oil Spring (approx. 6.7 miles away); Dedicated to All Veterans (approx. 7½ miles away).
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 229 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.