Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Dedicated To You, A Free Citizen In A Free Land
This reproduction of the Liberty Bell was presented to the people of
by direction of The Honorable John W. Snyder Secretary of the Treasury
As the inspirational symbol of the United States Savings Bonds Independence Drive from May 16 to July 4, 1950, it was displayed in every part of this state.
The dimensions and tone are identical with those of the original Liberty bell when it rang out our independence in 1776.
In standing before this symbol, you have the opportunity to dedicate yourself, as did our founding fathers, to the principles of the individual freedom for which our Nation stands.
This bell is one of fifty-three cast in France in 1950, and given to the United States Government by:
American Smelting and Refining Company • Anaconda Copper Mining Company • Kennecott Copper Corporation • Miami Copper Company • Phelps Dodge Corporation • The American Metal Company, Limited
Steel supports by U.S. Steel Corporation's American Bridge Company
This plaque donated by Revere Copper and Brass Incorporated
Erected 1955 by Revere Copper and Brass Incorporated.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Liberty Bell Replica marker series.
Location. Touch for map. Located in Arsenal Park. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Arsenal (a few steps from this marker); In Honor of George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker); Ceremonial Indian Mound (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle Of Baton Rouge (1779) (about 300 feet away); Arsenal Museum (about 300 feet away); Site of the Weiss House (about 600 feet away); Louisiana State Capitol (about 700 feet away); Capitol Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2015. This page has been viewed 226 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 15, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.