Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ellicott City in Howard County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Second Patapsco Bank Building

Ca 1886

 
 
Second Patapsco Bank Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, August 16, 2015
1. Second Patapsco Bank Building Marker
Inscription. The last lot won in the 1834 land lottery, then sold to the Patapsco Bank in 1886, which built this Romanesque Revival building to house the Second Patapsco Bank. At one period modernized, it was restored to its original design in the 1970's by Preston Pairo, Jr., who used the building for his law offices.
 
Erected 2015 by Historic Ellicott City, Inc.
 
Location. 39° 16.05′ N, 76° 47.779′ W. Marker is in Ellicott City, Maryland, in Howard County. Marker is on Main Street west of Tiber Alley, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8090 Main Street, Ellicott City MD 21043, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Patapsco National Bank (here, next to this marker); John Williams House (a few steps from this marker); Hunt's General Store & Millinery Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); The Odd Fellows Lodge (within shouting distance of this marker); The Phoenix Emporium (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Stone Tavern House (about 300 feet away, measured
Second Patapsco Bank Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, August 16, 2015
2. Second Patapsco Bank Building and Marker
The marker is visible just to the left of the door.
in a direct line); Sunflower Church (about 300 feet away); Walker-Chandler House (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ellicott City.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 19, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 19, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement