Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Milton in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton

 
 
On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Plaque image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
1. On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Plaque
Inscription. It was built in 1803 by Peter Swartz for Dr. James Dougal, Milton's first permanent physician and the ancestor of a long line of physicians to practice in this community.

It survived the great Milton fire of 1880, and was demolished in 1974. Stones from the structure form the base for this plaque.
 
Location. 41° 0.981′ N, 76° 51.409′ W. Marker is in Milton, Pennsylvania, in Northumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of S. Front Street and Mahoning Street on S. Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Milton PA 17847, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rotary Centennial Park (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Rotary Centennial Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Riverside Park (approx. mile away); Welcome to Lincoln Park (approx. mile away); Milton's Early Park and Recreation Programs (approx. 0.3 miles away); Adult Baseball, Softball, and Basketball Programs (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Turbot Hills Golf Club (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Milton Fair (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milton.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings

 
On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
2. On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Marker
On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, August 22, 2015
3. On This Site Stood the Second Stone House in Milton Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 136 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 24, 2015, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.
Paid Advertisement