Medora in Billings County, North Dakota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
De Mores Packing Plant
was built on this site by the Marquis De Mores in 1883 to furnish dressed beef directly from the western ranges. It was successfully operated for several years, destroyed by fire 1907.
< Reverse Side : >
Site of the De Mores Packing Plant
Location. 46° 54.969′ N, 103° 31.747′ W. Marker is in Medora, North Dakota, in Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medora ND 58645, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dreams of a Cattle Empire (within shouting distance of this marker); Loading Dock (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Great Western Trail (about 800 feet away); In honor of a President . . . and His Conservation Legacy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stephen Tyng Mather (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cowboys (approx. 0.2 miles away); Joe Ferris General Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ralph “Doc” Hubbard (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medora.
More about this marker. The reverse side of the marker contains a Plat of Medora, a Plan of the Packing Plant, and a picture of the De Mores Packing Plant.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2015, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 209 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 27, 2015, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.