Gilbert in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Gilbert Town Hall
Gilbert's new town hall was constructed of adobe in a Spanish design with concrete floors. The building was 72 feet by 41 feet in size. The central section of the building was used as an assembly hall and for the Justice of the Peace's courtroom. The town clerk's office was located in the right wing of the building. Beneath the main building was a large basement that housed modern heating and air-cooling equipment. The basement also served as Gilbert's first public library which opened on October 3, 1950. The first meeting of the town council in the new facilities took place on May 9, 1939.
The actual cost of the 14-room adobe and stucco structure was $18,000.
Erected 2012 by Gilbert Leadership Class XX 2012. A program of the Gilbert Chamber of Commerc.
Location. 33° 21.127′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 119 North Gilbert Road, Gilbert AZ 85234, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Clement's Garage (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dance Pavilion (approx. 0.2 miles away); Creed Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Bank of Gilbert (approx. 0.2 miles away); Liberty Market (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pump House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gilbert Elementary School (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gilbert.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 160 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.