Bayeux in Calvados, Normandie, France
50th Northumbrian Division Memorial
To the Glory of God and in memory of all ranks of the brave men of the
The town of Bayeux, the first town in France to be liberated by the Allied armies, was entered and freed by troops of this division on the morning of 7th June 1944.
Location. 49° 16.508′ N, 0° 42.23′ W. Marker is in Bayeux, Normandie, in Calvados. Marker is on Rue L L le Forestier, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bayeux, Normandie 14400, France.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Le Doyen du Chapitre (a few steps from this marker); Les Abords du Chevet de la Cathédrale Un édifice du Xe siècle (within shouting distance of this marker); Le Rempart Gallo-Roman (within shouting distance of this marker); Le palais Episcopal (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); L'Esplanade Flachat (about 90 meters away); L'Aure (about 210 meters away); Autour des Augustines (about 240 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bayeux.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2015, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2015, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Unobstructed picture of the marker. • Can you help?