Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Snyder in Scurry County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Company G

 
 
Company G Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 16, 2015
1. Company G Marker
Inscription.
Composed of National Guardsmen from Scurry County, Company G originally organized and fought in France during World War I. Reorganized in 1924 and mobilized in 1940, Company G was part of the 142nd Infantry of the celebrated 36th Division during World War II. The unit fought in some of the fiercest battles on the European front including Salerno and Cassino. It also saw action in North Africa, in southern France, and in Austria. A heavily-decorated unit, Company G was an important element in the Texan contribution to the Allied Forces during World War II.
 
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1015.)
 
Location. 32° 43.016′ N, 100° 55.067′ W. Marker is in Snyder, Texas, in Scurry County. Marker is at the intersection of 25th Street (U.S. 180) and Avenue R, on the right when traveling east on 25th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1806 25th Street, Snyder TX 79549, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. County's First Law Men (within shouting distance of this marker); Scurry County's Canyon Reef Oil Field (within shouting distance of this marker); Scurry County Courthouse Site and Building
Company G Marker in front of Scurry County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 16, 2015
2. Company G Marker in front of Scurry County Courthouse
(within shouting distance of this marker); Home County of Famous Frontiersman J. Wright Mooar (within shouting distance of this marker); First State Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Santa Fe Railway in Scurry County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Snyder National Bank (about 300 feet away); Site of The MacKenzie Trail (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Snyder.
 
Also see . . .  Company G Factual History. (Submitted on September 21, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
 
Categories. War, World IWar, World II
 
Scurry County Courthouse image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 16, 2015
3. Scurry County Courthouse
Scurry County War Memorial image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, September 16, 2015
4. Scurry County War Memorial
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 226 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 21, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Paid Advertisement