Lawrence in Douglas County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Trinity Episcopal Church
Original church consecrated July 29, 1859
on this site by Jackson Kemper,
First Missionary Bishop of
the Episcopal Church
The present Gothic Revival style sanctuary
was erected 1870-1873
Erected by the City of Lawrence.
Location. 38° 57.924′ N, 95° 14.237′ W. Marker is in Lawrence, Kansas, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of Vermont Street and 10th Street, on the right when traveling south on Vermont Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1011 Vermont Street, Lawrence KS 66044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First United Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Lawrence Masonic Temple (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The WheatFields Oven (about 700 feet away); Lawrence City [Carnegie] Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Langston Hughes and the Carnegie Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Douglas County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wiedemann Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); 825-827 Massachusetts Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lawrence.
Also see . . . Trinity Episcopal Church, Lawrence KS. (Submitted on September 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 113 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 23, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.