Madisonville in Hopkins County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Carlow's Stone Wall
Erected 1977 by the Kentucky Historical Society Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1620.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 37° 19.431′ N, 87° 29.855′ W. Marker is in Madisonville, Kentucky, in Hopkins County. Marker is at the intersection of South Franklin Street and Hall Street, on the right when traveling south on South Franklin Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: South Franklin Street, Madisonville KY 42431, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Hockersmith House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gov. Ruby Laffoon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Courthouse Burned (approx. 0.3 miles away); County Named, 1806 Rosenwald High School / Professor C. L. Timberlake (approx. 0.6 miles away); Army of Six (approx. ¾ mile away); Forrest Reconnoitered (approx. 1.2 miles away); Century of Coal Mining (approx. 3.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madisonville.
Also see . . . A Nod to the Past—Carlow’s Stone Wall. (Submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.