Hico in Hamilton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
United Methodist Church of Fairy
Church building was erected first year, land for it and a parsonage being given by Capt. Battle Fort, local settler. In 1888 membership was 122. In 1920 original building was replaced by present structure. Continuous services have been held here since the church's founding.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9411.)
Location. 31° 50.944′ N, 97° 59.038′ W. Marker is in Hico, Texas, in Hamilton County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Farm to Market Road 1602 and County Route 230, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 19255 FM 1602, Hico TX 76457, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hamilton County, C.S.A. (approx. 8 miles away); Presbyterian Church (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 207 times since then and 54 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 13, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.