Lake Village in Chicot County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by Arkansas Centennial Commission 1836-1936 Arkansas Historical Commission. (Marker Number G-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 19.882′ N, 91° 16.909′ W. Marker is in Lake Village, Arkansas, in Chicot County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street and North Lakeshore Drive (Arkansas Highway 144). Touch for map. Located on the right side of the Chicot County Courthouse grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 Main Street, Lake Village AR 71653, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chicot County Confederate Monument (a few steps from this marker); Italian Immigrants On Sunnyside Plantation (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Hope Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Col. Charles A. Lindbergh (approx. 1.8 miles away); Colonel Charles A. Lindbergh Saunders-Pettit-Chapman-Cook Plantation Home (approx. 4.4 miles away); The Battle at Ditch Bayou (approx. 5½ miles away); Lakeport in the Civil War (approx. 9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lake Village.
More about this marker. One of 143 cast-iron markers placed across Arkansas in partnership with the Arkansas History Commission during the state's 1936 centennial.
Also see . . . Chicot County history. (Submitted on October 20, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 324 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 20, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.