Goldthwaite in Mills County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Hamilton and Lampasas Counties
Created March 15, 1887
Organized August 30, 1887
Named in honor of
John T. Mills
1817 - 1871
Judge of the Third and Seventh
Judicial Districts in the
Republic of Texas
Goldthwaite, County Seat
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 3388.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 26.991′ N, 98° 34.157′ W. Marker is in Goldthwaite, Texas, in Mills County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Fisher Street (U.S. 183) and 4th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located at the east end of the Mills County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1011 4th St, Goldthwaite TX 76844, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mills County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Mills County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); The Old Town Well (within shouting distance Confederate Veterans Memorial of Mills County (within shouting distance of this marker); The Goldthwaite Eagle (within shouting distance of this marker); Mills County State Bank (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dam and Well (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mills County World War II and Korea-Vietnam Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Goldthwaite.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 21, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 234 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2015, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.