Historic Rogers Post Oﬃce Building
This building constructed in 1918-19 cost a total of $75,000 including the site, furnishings, and fixtures. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it served as the U.S. Post Office for Rogers for over four decades. These 1918 photographs show the building under construction.
In 1963 the building became home to the Rogers-Hough Memorial Library, named in honor of Daisy Manufacturing Co. president, Cass Hough. When the library moved in 1993, the structure was remodeled for use by the Rogers Historical Museum. This photograph is of the 1964 dedication of the library.
Erected by Rogers Historical Museum.
Location. 36° 19.853′ N, 94° 7.043′ W. Marker is in Rogers, Arkansas, in Benton County. Marker is at the intersection of Poplar Street and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling east on Poplar Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 West Poplar Street, Rogers AR 72756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harris Baking Company (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Victory Theater (about 600 feet away); First United Methodist Church
Also see . . .
1. Rogers Post Office History. (Submitted on November 19, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Rogers Post Office Building Data Sheet. (Submitted on November 19, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 19, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 160 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 19, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.