Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Plainview in Hale County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Gates Hall

 
 
Gates Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 17, 2015
1. Gates Hall Marker
Inscription. Original administration building of Wayland Baptist College.

Site (in town founded in 1887) given by J. H. Wayland, a physician settling here 1891.

Built 1909-1910, in term of first President, Dr. I. E. Gates, for whom it is named.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1965
 
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2112.)
 
Location. 34° 11.201′ N, 101° 43.529′ W. Marker is in Plainview, Texas, in Hale County. Marker can be reached from West 7th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1900 West 7th Street, Plainview TX 79072, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dr. James Henry Wayland (a few steps from this marker); Wayland Heritage Plaza (a few steps from this marker); Discovery Site of the Plainview Point (approx. 0.6 miles away); Seth Ward College (approx. 0.6 miles away); Plainview Cemetery and Memorial Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); Edwin Lowden Lowe (approx. 0.9 miles away); Blasingame Home (approx. 0.9 miles away); Rawleigh Porteus Smyth (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plainview.
 
Categories. Education
 
Gates Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 17, 2015
2. Gates Hall Marker
Gates Hall image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, November 17, 2015
3. Gates Hall
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 235 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.
Paid Advertisement