Built at Second and St. John Streets in 1790 by Town Proprietor Mathias Ellenckhuysen, his wife, Clara and Rev. John B. C. Helbron, O.F.M. Cap., Pastor of Holy Trinity Church, Philadelphia and attended by Major Anthony Selin, founder of Selinsgrove and his wife Agnes Snyder.
Erected 1990 by Catholics of Lewisburg.
Location. 40° 57.966′ N, 76° 53.087′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, in Union County. Marker is on 2nd Street south of St. John Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 48 North 2nd Street, Lewisburg PA 17837, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewisburg Cross-Cut Canal (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Honor of Ludwig Derr (approx. 0.2 miles away); Union County (approx. 0.2 miles away); General Tasker H. Bliss (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Anthony Street Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away); Daniel F. Green (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ludwig Derr (approx. 0.4 miles away); Underground Railroad (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewisburg.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 3, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.