Hale Center in Hale County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(1866 - 1944)
Erected 1993 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3597.)
Location. 34° 3.802′ N, 101° 50.832′ W. Marker is in Hale Center, Texas, in Hale County. Marker is on West 6th Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 West 6th Street, Hale Center TX 79041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church of Hale Center (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Epworth (about 700 feet away); J. Frank Norfleet (about 700 feet away); Ranching and Farming in Hale County Snyder Community (approx. 9.2 miles away); Hale County (approx. 10.4 miles away); Halfway (approx. 10½ miles away); Plainview Cemetery and Memorial Park (approx. 10.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hale Center.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 7, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 202 times since then and 63 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 7, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.