Rudolph in Wood County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Father Philip J. Wagner
Dec. 23, 1882 — Nov. 1, 1959
July 1917 — Nov. 1959
Founder of Grotto Shrine
Location. 44° 30.064′ N, 89° 48.092′ W. Marker is in Rudolph, Wisconsin, in Wood County. Marker can be reached from Grotto Avenue north of Second Street North, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in All Souls Cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6975 Grotto Avenue, Rudolph WI 54475, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edmund J. Rybicki (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); V. F. W. Post 2534 Veterans Memorial (approx. 7 miles away); Dr. Byron Robinson (approx. 7.3 miles away); Elizabeth Daly House (approx. 7½ miles away); Grand Rapids of the Wisconsin River (approx. 7.6 miles away); Wood County Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.6 miles away); “The Iron Horse in Grand Rapids” (approx. 7.6 miles away); Corenso North America (approx. 7.6 miles away).
Regarding Father Philip J. Wagner. While studying in Europe for the priesthood, Father Philip Wagner became very ill. He prayed that should his health be restored, he promised to build—somewhere at sometime—a
Also see . . . The Rudolph Grotto. (Submitted on July 13, 2008.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 811 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on July 14, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 4. submitted on July 15, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.