Amarillo in Potter County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Avery and Mary Turner House
Marker is property of the State of Texas
Erected 2011 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 16993.)
Location. 35° 11.704′ N, 101° 50.388′ W. Marker is in Amarillo, Texas, in Potter County. Marker is on South Polk Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1706 South Polk Street, Amarillo TX 79102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. H. W. and Katie Galbraith House (within shouting distance of this marker); Herring-Crudgington House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Shuford-Killough House (about 600 feet away); Eakle-Archer House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Polk Street Schools (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old First Baptist Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); H. B. Sanborn House (approx. half a mile away); Alice Victoria Ghormley Curtis House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amarillo.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 14, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 155 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.