Llano in Llano County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(Sept. 22, 1856 - Jan. 27, 1939)
A native of Germany, Frank Teich studied under master German artists and sculptors before coming to the United States in 1878. By 1883 he was established in San Antonio as an accomplished stonemason and artist. His supervision of work on the State Capitol led to other jobs, including construction of the Tarrant County Courthouse and the creation of numerous Confederate memorials and other monuments throughout the South. In 1901 he founded Teich Monument Works near Llano, which resulted in the development of the area's granite production industry. He is buried in the Llano Cemetery.
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9456.)
Location. 30° 44.975′ N, 98° 40.573′ W. Marker is in Llano, Texas, in Llano County. Marker is at the intersection of Ford Street (State Highway 16/71) and West Sandstone Street, on the left when traveling north on Ford Street. Touch for map. This marker stands on the Llano County Courthouse Square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 W Sandstone St, Llano TX 78643, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Llano County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Llano Woman's Culture Club Acme Dry Goods Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Southern Hotel Building (about 500 feet away); The Llano County Jail (about 700 feet away); Llano County Granite Industry (about 700 feet away); Texas Historic Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint James Lutheran Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Llano.
Categories. • Architecture • Arts, Letters, Music • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 15, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 245 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 15, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.