Bridgeport in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Bryant Electric Company World War II Monument
Of Those Employees Who Served
In the Armed Forces of the United States
During World War II
1941 – 1945
The Bryant Electric Company
Location. 41° 10.609′ N, 73° 11.408′ W. Marker is in Bridgeport, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street and State Street, on the right when traveling north on Broad Street. Located next to McLevy Hall, Bridgeport Probate Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 202 State Street, Bridgeport CT 06604, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bridgeport Vietnam War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Bridgeport World War II Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Bridgeport Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Bryant Electric Company World War I Monument (a few steps from this marker); Bridgeport Korean War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Abraham Lincoln’s Visit Bridgeport (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewis Howard Latimer (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bridgeport.
Regarding Bryant Electric Company World War II Monument. The Bryant Electric Company was founded in 1888 in Bridgeport, Connecticut. It grew to become the world's largest plant devoted to the manufacture of wiring devices, electrical components, and switches. Bryant Electric was Bridgeport's largest employer for many years but was involved in a number of notable strikes before being closed in 1988. The last assets were sold to its chief competitor, Hubbell Incorporated, in 1991.
Categories. • War, World II •
More. Search the internet for Bryant Electric Company World War II Monument.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 31, 2015, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 279 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 31, 2015, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.