Messiah Lutheran Church
In 1908, Lindsborg presented a fertile time and place for the establishment of an English speaking Lutheran Church. Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, located two blocks west, was organized on January 15, 1909.
Following an organizational meeting, arrangements were made to hold services temporarily on the campus of Bethany College. In June, 1908, Dr. E.F. Pihlblad, President of Bethany College, accepted a call to become the first Pastor of Messiah.
The Kansas Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church entertained a request from the church council to permit Bethany College authorities to grant sufficient ground on the college campus for the construction of Messiah's future home.
Construction of Messiah Church began in February, 1911, with dedication on Sunday, October 19, 1912. The present structure includes a Fellowship Hall addition dedicated on May 26, 1996.
Come join us!
Erected by Members of Messiah Church.
Location. 38° 34.676′ N, 97° 40.249′ W. Marker is in Lindsborg, Kansas, in McPherson County. Marker is at the intersection of Olsson Street and the Välkommen Trail, on the left when traveling west on Olsson Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lindsborg KS 67456, United States of America.
Other nearby markers.
Also see . . . Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lindsborg KS. (Submitted on January 19, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 185 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 19, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.