Near Bryantown in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Mary’s Church
St. Mary’s was established as a separate parish from the Waldorf, Aquasco and Benedict areas in 1851.
Erected by the Charles County Civil War Centennial Commission.
Location. 38° 32.317′ N, 76° 50.467′ W. Marker is near Bryantown, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Olivers Shop Road (Maryland Route 232) 1.2 miles south of Leonardtown Road (Maryland Route 5). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bryantown MD 20617, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Mary’s Church and Cemetery (a few steps from this marker); Boarman's Manor (within shouting distance of this marker); Rev. Lawrence Anthony Bender, S.S. (approx. ¼ mile away); Village of Bryantown (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dr. Samuel A. Mudd House (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bryantown.
Also see . . . St. Mary’s Catholic Church and School. Official Website. (Submitted on May 15, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,432 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 15, 2008, by Richard White of La Plata, Maryland. 2, 3. submitted on April 7, 2007, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.