Dallas in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
In 1858, the White Rock Masonic Lodge was organized at Walnut Grove, and in 1872 moved to a building in Collin County, located on what is now the northwest side of Frankford Cemetery. The Hall became the fraternal, religious and educational center for miles around. A church building was also erected on the cemetery grounds in 1880, only to be destroyed by a tornado. Some of the wood in the current Frankford Church came from the original church.
The end of Frankford came with the growth of the railroad. The line bypassed Frankford and instead went through Addison, eventually prompting the move of the Lodge Hall to Addison in 1907. The town of Frankford no longer existed, though
Erected 2015 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 18081.)
Location. 32° 59.322′ N, 96° 49.432′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Collin County. Marker is on Frankford Cemetery Road south of Muirfield Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker stands at the end of a walk over bridge, next to Frankford Cemetery Road, in a park-like area. Nearby are Frankford Church and Frankford Cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 17405 Muirfield Dr,, Dallas TX 75287, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Addison State Bank (approx. 2.1 miles away); First Baptist Church, Hebron (approx. 3.1 miles away); Mount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 5 miles away); The Hockaday School (approx. 5.7 miles away); Carrollton Black Cemetery (approx. 6.2 miles away); a different marker also named Carrollton Black Cemetery Hamilton Park Community (approx. 6.2 miles away); Texas Electric Railway Station (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 357 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 16, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.