Near Hartley in Hartley County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
August 21, 1876
February 5, 1891
Named in honor of two brothers
Rufus K. Hartley
Distinguished members of the
Hartley, the county seat
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 2399.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 35° 54.313′ N, 102° 24.441′ W. Marker is near Hartley, Texas, in Hartley County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of U.S. 87 and County Route K, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in rest area on east side of highway. Marker is in this post office area: Hartley TX 79044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Hartley County Jail (approx. 1.7 miles away but has been reported missing); St. James Church (approx. 12.4 miles away); Dalhart Army Air Field (approx. 12.5 miles away); James R. Fox, Jr. (approx. Dallam County Courthouse (approx. 12.6 miles away); Texas Sesquicentennial (approx. 12.6 miles away); Heartland of Old XIT Ranch (approx. 13 miles away but has been reported missing); Mrs. Cordia Sloan Duke (approx. 13 miles away but has been reported missing).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 23, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 218 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 23, 2016, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.