St. George's, Saint George, Grenada
St. George's Methodist Church
Although not located on Church Street, this structure has the distinction of being the oldest original church building in St. George's parish. It was constructed in 1820 and is still in use today. This brick structure, with simple brick buttresses supporting the side walls, does not have a spire as do the more elaborate churches of St. George's.
Erected by Grenada National Trust and Ministry of Tourism.
Location. 12° 3.198′ N, 61° 45.042′ W. Marker is in St. George's, Saint George. Marker is on Chapel Alley just from Green Street. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 6 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Geoffrey H. Bourne, DSC, DPHIL (approx. 6.5 kilometers away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 199 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 21, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.