Potsdam Conference 1945
Cecilienhof Palace, built in the style of an English country house from 1913 to 1917, was the last building of the Hohenzollern family. The grounds, designed by Paul Schultze-Naumburg, served as residence of the family of Crown Prince William until 1945. It was named after Crown Princess Cecilie.
The building contains 176 rooms which are now used as a museum and a hotel.
In memory of the Potsdam Conference held here from July 17 to August 2, 1945, the planted star in the courtyard and the conference room and workrooms of the delegations have been preserved as a historic site. U.S. President Harry S. Truman, Soviet Premier Jossif W. Stalin, and British Prime Ministers Winston Churchill and Clement Attlee met at the round table of the conference room. The restored private apartment of the royal couple on the upper floor gives an impression of the exquisite interior decoration of an early twentieth-century palace.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization marker series.
Location. 52° 25.159′ N, 13° 4.244′ E. Marker is in Potsdam, Brandenburg. Marker is on Am Nevem Garten. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Potsdam, Brandenburg 14469, Germany.
Other nearby markers.
Also see . . . Potsdam Conference - US State Department. (Submitted on May 13, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Politics • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 24, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 24, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.