Coleman in Coleman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Original Coleman County Court House
The monument contains the original corner stone and great bell from the court house erected in 1884.
Location. 31° 49.872′ N, 99° 25.392′ W. Marker is in Coleman, Texas, in Coleman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Live Oak Street and West Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the southwest corner of the grounds of the Coleman County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Coleman TX 76834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Western Cattle Trail (here, next to this marker); Co. B, 142nd Infantry, 36th Division Memorial (here, next to this marker); County Named in 1857 for Robert M. Coleman (a few steps from this marker); Mrs. J.A.B. Miller Public Library Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Coleman County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); The Blair House (approx. ¼ mile away); Home Town of Texas Confederate Colonel James E. McCord (approx. 1.1 miles away); Camp Colorado C.S.A. (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coleman.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 115 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 6, 2016, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.