Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Spirit of the Springs
Saint Mary of the Springs Academy
Dedicated to the alumnae and the Dominican Sisters in celebration of the spirit that they have carried into the world
Location. 39° 59.548′ N, 82° 56.495′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on Sunbury Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. statue is in a garden plaza between the Spangler Learning Center and Wehrle Hall on the campus of Ohio Dominican University. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1208 Sunbury Rd, Columbus OH 43219, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ohio Dominican University Est. 1911 / Early Sister-Founderesses of Ohio Dominican University (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Mary of the Springs Academy / Anne O'Hare McCormick 1880-1954 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Alum Creek & The Underground Railroad / The Underground Railroad (approx. ¼ mile away); Mount Vernon Community School (approx. 1½ miles away); Bexley Camp Bushnell (approx. 1.6 miles away); Bexley World War II Memorial (approx. 1.6 miles away); Formerly Maryland Park (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 14, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 14, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.