Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
McClurg Iron Foundry
Erected 2016 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission and the Dolley Payne Madison Chapter United States Daughters of 1812.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. 40° 26.417′ N, 79° 59.94′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Smithfield Street, on the right when traveling north on Fifth Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kaufmann's Department Store and Clock (within shouting distance of this marker); Trinity Church Burying Ground (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mellon Square (about 600 feet away); Jane Grey Swisshelm Childhood Home (about 600 feet away); Union Trust Company-Lawyers Title Building The Duquesne Club (about 600 feet away); The Granite Building (about 600 feet away); Founding Convention of the AFL (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
More about this marker. Marker was dedicated on May 14, 2016
Also see . . . Historical marker for foundry dedicated Downtown. May 14, 2016 Tribune-Review article (Submitted on May 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Additional keywords. United States Daughters of 1812
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 4 times this year. Last updated on May 21, 2016, by Susan Gillette Meer of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Photos: 1. submitted on August 1, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on May 21, 2016, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.