Shiner in Lavaca County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Kaspar Wire Works
In 1898 he began the full-time manufacture of wire baskets and horse muzzles. His backyard shop was equipped with little more than a pair of pliers and his inventive genius. A rented wagon was the original Kaspar show room.
Arthur H. Kaspar, son of the founder, purchased the business in 1924. In 1949 a grandson, Don G. Kaspar, joined the organization. Kaspar Wire Works has progressed to assembly-line manufacturing of nationally and internationally distributed goods— -- including display racks, baskets, newspaper racks, wire shelving and many other products.
The growth and success of Kaspar Wire Works was officially recognized in 1967 by the bestowal of the first annual Governor's Expansion Award under the auspices of the Texas Industrial Commission.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2903.)
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 959 TX-95, Shiner TX 77984, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Spoetzl Brewery (approx. ¼ mile away); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Half Moon (approx. 2 miles away); Herder Half Moon Place (approx. 2.8 miles away); Cuero I Archeological District (approx. 12.1 miles away); Stagecoach Inn (approx. 12.7 miles away); Concrete College (1865 - 1881) (approx. 15.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Kaspar Wire Works article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on June 26, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 26, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 26, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.