Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dayton in Montgomery County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Carillon Park

 
 
Carillon Park Marker image. Click for full size.
By Rev. Ronald Irick, December 19, 2014
1. Carillon Park Marker
close up of marker
Inscription. Carillon Park owes its existence to the generosity of Col, and Mrs. Edward A. Deeds. The carillon – built of granite, steel, and limestone - - reaches skyward for an impressive 151 feet. The gift of Mrs. Deeds, it was dedicated August 23, 1942, following completion of the carillon. Col. Deeds provided for the creation of a park museum containing exhibits relating to Dayton and the development of transportation. The sixty- five acre park is administered by Education and Musical Arts, Incorporated, a subsidiary of the Dayton Foundation.
 
Erected 1976 by Montgomery County Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 43.727′ N, 84° 12.005′ W. Marker is in Dayton, Ohio, in Montgomery County. Marker can be reached from S. Patterson Blvd.. Touch for map. Marker is in front of the old Newcom Tavern, in the park. Marker is in this post office area: Dayton OH 45409, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Newcom Tavern (a few steps from this marker); Locust Grove School (within shouting distance of this marker); Stewart Street Concrete Arch Bridge (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Patterson Homestead
Carillon Park Marker image. Click for full size.
By Rev. Ronald Irick, December 19, 2014
2. Carillon Park Marker
(approx. one mile away); Patterson Homestead 1804 (approx. 1.1 miles away); Col. Robert Patterson (approx. 1.1 miles away); St. Mary’s Hall (approx. 1.3 miles away); Erma Bombeck (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dayton.
 
Categories. Arts, Letters, MusicEducationSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 147 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement