St. Joseph Church
Built 1901 - 1904
German immigrants from the Volga region of Russia
St. Joseph Parish began in 1876
Two earlier parish churches stood on this property
St. Joseph is the oldest church in continuous use in Hays
St. Joseph Church has been placed on the
National Register of Historic Places
by the United States Department of the Interior
Location. 38° 52.497′ N, 99° 19.944′ W. Marker is in Hays, Kansas, in Ellis County. Marker is at the intersection of 13th Street and Ash Street, on the right when traveling west on 13th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 West 13th Street, Hays KS 67601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Joseph Parochial School (within shouting distance of this marker); The Volga Germans (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Veterans Memorial (about 500 feet away); Gospel Hill (about 600 feet away); Town & County Jail (about 800 feet away); The Sporting Palace (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jim Curry’s Restaurant (approx. 0.2 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hays.
Also see . . .
1. St. Joseph's Church and Parochial School National Register Registration. (Submitted on July 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of St. Joseph's Parish, Hays KS. (Submitted on July 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 160 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.