Forney in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Forney Messenger
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8520.)
Location. 32° 44.99′ N, 96° 28.278′ W. Marker is in Forney, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of West Broad Street (Farm to Market Road 688) and Burgett Street, on the left when traveling west on West Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 W Broad St, Forney TX 75126, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forney (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dixie Overland Highway (about 700 feet away); Walter Dickson Adams and the Adams Drugstore (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1899 Automobile Trip (approx. 0.2 miles away); William Madison McDonald (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dick P. Moore House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hillcrest Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); McKellar House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forney.
Also see . . . The Forney Messenger. (Submitted on July 14, 2016.)
Categories. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 153 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?