Forney in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
William and Blanche Brooks House
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11986.)
Location. 32° 44.587′ N, 96° 28.406′ W. Marker is in Forney, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of South Center Street and East Brooks Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Large sign that reads "Brooks House" on corner of lot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 S Center St, Forney TX 75126, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. McKellar House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Forney Independent School District (about 800 feet away); Forney High School Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dick P. Moore House (approx. 0.3 miles away); William Madison McDonald (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1899 Automobile Trip (approx. 0.3 miles away); Walter Dickson Adams and the Adams Drugstore (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dixie Overland Highway (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forney.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 14, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 5 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?