Crandall in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
City of Crandall
Baptists, Disciples of Christ, and Methodists built churches. Townsite plat was recorded in 1889. The city school system was established in 1901. By the early 1900s, town had a lumber yard, several stores, 3 physicians, 3 banks. It remains a center for agriculture and recreation.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 8505.)
Location. 32° 37.667′ N, 96° 27.338′ W. Marker is in Crandall, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on South Main Street south of East Holly Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Crandall TX 75114, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church of Forney (approx. 6.8 miles away); Rose Hill Cemetery (approx. 7.7 miles away); William and Blanche Brooks House (approx. Forney Independent School District (approx. 8.1 miles away); McKellar House (approx. 8.1 miles away); Forney High School Building (approx. 8.1 miles away); William Madison McDonald (approx. 8.3 miles away); Dick P. Moore House (approx. 8.3 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 163 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.