Near Round Top in Austin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Town of Shelby
Erected 1974 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4669.)
Location. 30° 1.425′ N, 96° 35.884′ W. Marker is near Round Top, Texas, in Austin County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 1457 and Farm to Market Road 389, on the right when traveling north on Road 1457. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Round Top TX 78954, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Henniger Family Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Breeding Family Cemetery / First School in Fayette County (approx. 4.5 miles away); Nassau Plantation Winedale Stagecoach Inn (approx. 5.1 miles away); Charles Fordtran (approx. 5.9 miles away); Samuel Knight Lewis (approx. 6 miles away); Round Top Community (approx. 6.5 miles away); Early Texas Hotels and Inns (approx. 6.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Round Top.
Also see . . . David Shelby article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 141 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.