El Campo in Wharton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1410.)
Location. 29° 11.916′ N, 96° 16.033′ W. Marker is in El Campo, Texas, in Wharton County. Marker is at the intersection of East Jackson Street (Business U.S. 59) and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on East Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 315 E Jackson St, El Campo TX 77437, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First National Bank of El Campo (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Prairie Switch (approx. 0.2 miles away); El Campo Library Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wharton County Courthouse (approx. 12.7 miles away); Site of World War II Prisoner of War Camp (approx. 14 miles away).
Also see . . . El Campo, TX, article in Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 186 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.