Mabank in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Roddy Lodge No. 734, A.F. & A.M.
In 1906 the lodge relocated to Mabank, at that time a rapidly growing railroad town established in 1900. The lodge met in several locations including the "Jones Building" located at the southwest corner of Third and Market Streets. Shortly after that building was destroyed by fire in 1914, the lodge met in a hall located above a post office at the northwest corner of Third and Market Streets. A new lodge hall, consisting of a large lodge room, reception room, kitchen, and preparation rooms was built near this site in 1958.
The lodge, which has a history of raising funds to help local schools improve their facilities, has established an educational grant program which annually awards scholarships to two of the area's graduating high school seniors. Roddy Lodge also contributes to the Scottish Rite Children's Hospital of Dallas.
Erected 1993 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number
Location. 32° 22.008′ N, 96° 6.133′ W. Marker is in Mabank, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on West Market Street east of North 4th Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 106 W Market St, Mabank TX 75147, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Presbyterian Church of Mabank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Baptist Church of Mabank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mabank (approx. 0.7 miles away); White Hall School (approx. 2.9 miles away); Baker Cemetery (approx. 6½ miles away); Capt. Edward Thomas Broughton and the Johnson Guards (approx. 7.8 miles away); Prairieville (approx. 7.8 miles away); Kemp (approx. 9.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mabank.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 168 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 31, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.