West Palm Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old St. Ann's Church
Dedicated March 15, 1898, on the southeast comer of Rosemary and Datura Streets. In 1902, it was moved to this site donated by Henry Flagler and served the Catholic community until 1913, when the new church was dedicated. The old church was then used as the forerunner of St. Annís School built in 1925. St. Annís Church is the oldest Catholic church and parish in the Diocese of Palm Beach. It was developed by the fathers of the Society of Jesus.
Erected 1986 by Seminole Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 26° 42.928′ N, 80° 3.104′ W. Marker is in West Palm Beach, Florida, in Palm Beach County. Marker is at the intersection of North Olive Avenue and 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north on North Olive Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 310 North Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach FL 33401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1916 Palm Beach County Courthouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct West Palm Beach Fishing Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flagler Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Former State of Florida Board of Health Laboratory c.1921 (approx. ľ mile away); Clematis Street Commercial Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sea Gull Cottage (approx. 0.6 miles away); Cocoanut Grove House (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Royal Poinciana Chapel (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Palm Beach.
Also see . . . St. Ann Catholic Church. (Submitted on August 12, 2016.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Old St. Ann's Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 5, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 166 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 11, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.