Clarksville in Red River County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Rev. William Stevenson
(October 4, 1768 - March 5, 1857)
Erected 1972 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10894.)
Location. 33° 36.682′ N, 95° 3.019′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Texas, in Red River County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Walnut Street and Broadway Street. Touch for map. Located in town square, former location of courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 114 Walnut Street, Clarksville TX 75426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stagecoach Stand, C. S. A. (here, next to this marker); Five Signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Red River County (a few steps from this marker); Members of Confederate Congresses Home of Col. Charles DeMorse (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Northern Standard (about 600 feet away); Red River County War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Red River Courthouse (about 800 feet away); Red River County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Also see . . . Texas State Historical Association article on William Stevenson. (Submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 142 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.