Clarksville in Red River County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Red River Courthouse
Fifth courthouse for
county. Built 1885. Italian
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark
National Register of Historic Places
United States Department of the Interior
Erected 1966 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 10872.)
Location. 33° 36.801′ N, 95° 3.07′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Texas, in Red River County. Marker is at the intersection of Walnut Street and Monroe Street, on the right when traveling south on Walnut Street. Touch for map. Mounted to the outside wall of the courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Walnut Street, Clarksville TX 75426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Red River County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Northern Standard (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Red River County Jail (about 400 feet away); Home of Col. Charles DeMorse St. Paul Methodist Church (about 700 feet away); The Rev. William Stevenson (about 800 feet away); Five Signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence from Red River County (about 800 feet away); Stagecoach Stand, C. S. A. (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Also see . . . Red River Valley Courthouse - Texas Escapes. (Submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Architecture • Landmarks • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 194 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 15, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.