College Mound in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Methodist Church, 1844
A.J. Beck, Henry Beck
Wilson Fogleman, A.H. Henry
W.T. Patton, Ed. King
settled in this vicinity
A Methodist church
was organized in 1845
with Rev. J.W. Fields as pastor
A.H. Henry, Ed. King, stewards,
Sunday School Superintendent
In 1865 a frame building
replaced the log church
In 1897 the present building
The land for the church was
donated by W.T. Patton
Erected 1936 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 8535.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 40.424′ N, 96° 11.23′ W. Marker is in College Mound, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is at the intersection of Farm to Market Road 429 and County Route 130, on the left when traveling south on Route 429. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15151 FM 429, Terrell TX 75161, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Locust Grove (approx. 5 miles away); Major W.F. Long (approx. 5.4 miles away); No. 1 British Flying Training School (approx. 5.7 miles away); Terrell State Hospital Cemetery (approx. 6.2 miles away); Terrell State Hospital (approx. 6.3 miles away); William Henry Burnett (approx. 6.6 miles away); Texas & Pacific Railroad Freight Depot (approx. 6.7 miles away); Bethlehem Baptist Church (approx. 6.7 miles away).
Also see . . . College Mound United Methodist Church. (Submitted on August 22, 2016.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 234 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.