Woodfin in Buncombe County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1948. (Marker Number P-16.)
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 35° 37.498′ N, 82° 35.906′ W. Marker was in Woodfin, North Carolina, in Buncombe County. Marker could be reached from Riverside Road (State Highway 251) 0.3 miles south of Old Leicester Highway (County Road 1002), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Asheville NC 28804, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Asheville (approx. 1.6 miles away); Richmond Pearson (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Asheville (approx. 1.8 miles away); Buncombe Turnpike (approx. 2 miles away); The University of North Carolina at Asheville (approx. 2 miles away); Zelda Fitzgerald (approx. 2 miles away); David L. Swain (approx. 2.6 miles away); Joseph Lane (approx. 2.6 miles away).
More about this marker. No orphaned signpost or other evidence of exact location. The photo on the NC Markers website (see link) appears to have been taken in the adjacent lot (by the river), possibly during staging prior to installation.
Related markers. list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . .
1. NC Markers page. (Submitted on September 6, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
2. NC Markers page - GIS page showing location of marker. (Submitted on September 6, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for Bingham School.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 7, 2016. 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 6, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.