Georgetown in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town,
1806, has the longest unbroken ministry in
Washington. This building was erected in 1821
at what is now 30th and M, was moved to this
site in 1873 and altered to a Victorian style.
In 1956, the building was faithfully restored
to its original Federal style.
Location. 38° 54.562′ N, 77° 3.728′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is on P Street, NW, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3115 P Street, NW, Washington DC 20007, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Volunteerism and Valor (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Emma V. Brown Residence (about 400 feet away); A Georgetown "Cathedral" (about 400 feet away); The Cornerstone of the Original Christ Church (about 400 feet away); Dumbarton United Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); South Lawn (about 700 feet away); A Drugstore Like No Other (approx. 0.2 miles away); Watching the Flames (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 27, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.