Henrietta in Clay County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Hereford Cattle in Texas
in the year of our Lord 1876
that the first registered
Hereford cattle set their
hooves in Texas and there-
after revolutionized the
beef cattle industry of the
United States of America.
This monument erected and
dedicated in October, 1980,
in honor and memory of those
whose imagination and courage
have made the Hereford the
finest beef animal in the world.
Location. 33° 48.948′ N, 98° 11.773′ W. Marker is in Henrietta, Texas, in Clay County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and West Gilbert Street, on the right when traveling north on North Main Street. Touch for map. Located on the grounds of the Clay County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 214 North Main Street, Henrietta TX 76365, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cambridge (within shouting distance of this marker); Clay County (approx. 0.6 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Texas State Historical Association article on Hereford Cattle in Texas. (Submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
2. The Texas Hereford Association history of Hereford cattle in Texas. (Submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Animals • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 226 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 21, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.