Dupont Circle in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
James G. Blaine Mansion
Historic Site, Washington DC
—2000 Massachusetts Avenue NW —
Designed by John Fraser in Queen Anne style, the mansion was converted to apartments in 1921, with one-story commercial spaces added on P Street. In 2009 Van Dusen Architects renovated the building for residential, commercial, and retail use while restoring many architectural features.
Listed in the DC Inventory of Historic Sites, 1964.
Presidential candidate James G. Blaine, 1884.
Library of Congress
Erected by Cultural Tourism DC.
Location. 38° 54.604′ N, 77° 2.701′ W. Marker is in Dupont Circle, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is at the intersection Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2000 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, Washington DC 20036, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Development in the neighborhood (within shouting distance of this marker); Lajos (Louis) Kossuth (within shouting distance of this marker); Theodore Roosevelt (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Lajos (Louis) Kossuth (within shouting distance of this marker); Hungarian Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Dewi Saraswati (within shouting distance of this marker); Excerpt from Walt Whitman's "The Dresser" (1865 version) and "We Embrace" by E. Ethelbert Miller (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Indonesian Embassy/Walsh-McLean Mansion (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dupont Circle.
Categories. • Architecture • Man-Made Features • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 10, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 284 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 30, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.