Morrow in Warren County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First Settlement of the Virginia Military Lands
—A Reclaimed Marker —
Erected 1940 by Warren County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 21.55′ N, 84° 10.516′ W. Marker is in Morrow, Ohio, in Warren County. Marker is on Old Stubbtown Road (County Route 35), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is between the Little Miami River and the CCC Highway, Rts 22 and 3. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4851 Stubbs Mills Road, Morrow OH 45152, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Union Township Town Hall (approx. 2.2 miles away); Deerfield- South Lebanon (approx. 2.3 miles away); Morrow (approx. 2.9 miles away); Gershom Moore Peters, LLD / Peters Cartridge Company (approx. 3.7 miles away); The King Mansion / Ahimaaz King (1839-1909) (approx. 3.8 miles away); Fort Ancient Dwelling Fort Ancient Prehistoric Indian Earthworks (approx. 5 miles away); North Overlook (approx. 5 miles away).
More about this marker. Original bronze plaque was vandalized, but identical inscription has been carved in its place. In 2004, the park area was restored by Boy Scout Troop 36, as the Eagle Project of Stephen NeCamp
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.