Goshen School Building
In 1907, the Goshen School Building, later known as both Goshen Intermediate School and Sheila Green Elementary, was erected. The two-story, buff-colored, pressed-brick building was the first attempt at school consolidation in Goshen Township. The last of twelve one-room schools was closed in 1916 and students transferred to the Goshen School Building. As a result of the consolidation, four rooms were added. In 1930, a free-standing auditorium/gymnasium was built next to the 1907 building. Approval of the first bond issue, in 1937, made possible twelve new classrooms and the renovation of the building.
To alleviate overcrowding, Marr Primary School was built in 1954. A new high school, which later became the middle school, opened in 1960. Cook Elementary School opened in 1968. A new junior high school, which later became Spaulding Elementary School, opened in 1976. In spring 2002, students attended classes in the Goshen School Building for the last time. The opening of a new high school in fall 2002 continued the Goshen Township community's support for the education of young people. The Goshen School Building was dismantled in fall 2013.
Erected 2014 by Goshen Local School District Monument Committee Goshen Historical Society The Ohio History
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 39° 13.655′ N, 84° 9.382′ W. Marker is in Goshen, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is on Goshen- Belfast Road (County Route 57), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at the south corner of the building, on a sidewalk bordering the north edge of the parking lot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6707 Goshen Rd, Goshen OH 45122, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honoring Goshen School Building (here, next to this marker); Goshen High School Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Leming House (approx. 4.3 miles away); White Pillars (approx. 5 miles away); The Ramsey/Paxton Cemetery (was approx. 5.2 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Burial Site of Two Unknown Soldiers (approx. 5.9 miles away); Clermont County Bicentennial Marker Stonelick Covered Bridge (approx. 6.9 miles away); Owensville Village Hall (approx. 7.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Goshen.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 110 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.